Thursday, June 23, 2011

He Who Asks Questions Cannot Avoid the Answers

Lately I’ve been asking myself a lot of questions and that’s a good thing.  According to a Cameroon Proverb “He who asks questions cannot avoid the answers.”  I’ve even started a Question Asking notebook and have been impressed with the results, coming up with answers and solutions to problems that eluded me in the past,.  Now they seemed to have been there all along just waiting for me to ask the right questions. 
 
In Anthony Robbins’ Awaken the Giant Within he writes, “I realized that the main difference between the people who seemed to be successful—in any area—and those who weren’t was that successful people asked better questions, and as a result got better answers.

”He lists seven Morning Power Questions to get your day started on the right foot and three Evening Power Questions:

The Morning Power Questions
Our life experience is based on what we focus on. The following questions are designed to cause you to experience more happiness, excitement, pride, gratitude, joy, commitment and love every day of your life. Remember, quality questions create a quality life.

Come up with two or three answers to all of these questions and feel fully associated.  If you have difficulty discovering an answer simply add the word “could”.  Example: “What could I be most happy about in my life now?”

  1. What am I happy about in my life now?
    What about that makes me happy? How does that make me feel?
  1. What am I excited about in my life now?
    What about that makes me excited? How does that make me feel?
  1. What am I proud about in my life now?
    What about that makes me proud? How does that make me feel?
  1. What am I grateful about in my life now?
    What about that makes me grateful? How does that make me feel?
  1. What am I enjoying in my life right now?
    What about that do I enjoy? How does that make me feel?
  1. What am I committed to in my life right now?
    What about that makes me committed? How does that make me feel?
  1. Who do I love? Who loves me?
    What about that makes me loving? How does that make me feel?

Evening Power Questions


  1. What have I given today?
    In what ways have I been a giver today?
  1. What did I learn today?
  1. How has today added to the quality of my life or how can I use today as an investment in my future?
Plus here are five Problem-Solving Questions:

Problem Solving Questions


  1. What is great about this problem?
  1. What is not perfect yet?
  1. What am I willing to do to make it the way I want it?
  1. What am I willing no longer to do in order to make it the way I want it?
  1. How can I enjoy the process while I do what is necessary to make it the way I want it?
Copyright © 1992, Anthony Robbins

They say, ask and you shall receive.  Seek and you shall find….That is what I’ve been doing lately, asking myself a whole lot of questions and seeking the answers from within through the guidance of some pretty smart people.  So, when was the last time you asked yourself a really good question and taken the time to write out your answer?  Questions often lead to decisions. And making decisions is not a bad way to start your day.  


*Get a jump on your New Year resolutions.


No comments: