Sunday, September 19, 2010

Creative Writing Now: An Interview with Robert Raymer on Writing Short Stories in Malaysia

A fellow Ohioan from Cincinnati, an expat living in Spain, interviewed me for their writing website which is read mostly by Americans.  She had read my media post  and gave me the option to do my replies by email and thankfully limited the questions to four, which centered around my writing in Malaysia as an expat. 

Although I was born in Pennsylvania, I moved to Ohio when I was nine, in the third grade and stayed there through high school and attended Miami (Ohio) University, just 20 miles north of Cincinnati.  After graduating, I backpacked through Europe, moved to Colorado, Wisconsin, and to Penang, Malaysia, and now Kuching, Sarawak (Borneo).  Suddenly I've feeling nostalgic for the best time to be in Ohio, autumn, as the leaves start to change colors and the geese start flying south for the winter.  I never liked those winters, either! 

*Update, the 20th anniversary of Lovers and Strangers Revisited

Here are links to some of my author-to-author interviews of first novelists:

Ivy Ngeow author of Cry of the Flying Rhino, winner of the 2016 Proverse Prize.

Golda Mowe author of Iban Dream and Iban Journey.

Preeta Samarasan author of Evening is the Whole Day

Chuah Guat Eng,  author of Echoes of Silence and Days of Change. 

Plus:

Beheaded on Road to Nationhood: Sarawak Reclaimed—Part I 

No comments: