Friday, June 18, 2010

Tropical Affairs nominated for 2010 Popular-The Star Readers Choice Awards!




What a nice feeling! Lovers and Strangers Revisited won the 2009 award for fiction. Can Tropical Affairs make it a double in non-fiction? I haven't seen the other nominees yet, but if I'm up against one of the Prime Ministers, whether past or present, or a celebrity, could be rather difficult. Last year, I was never mentioned or highlighted as one of the favorites, so you never know. Being nominated two years in a row is quite an honor. Wish me luck!

***Here's the link to my website, to MPH online for orders for all three of my books, including my latest, Spirit of Malaysia and for Trois autres Malaisie.

4 comments:

則義 said...

you did a good job..................................................

BorneoExpatWriter said...

Thanks!

Lydia Teh said...

Robert, Congratulations! Eh Poh Nim made it too! I'll see you on Sept 6 at KLCC!

BorneoExpatWriter said...

Lydia congrats. Looks like we'll finally have a chance to meet a year after writing The Merdeka Miracle! Just last week, someone was talking to me about reading it last August in Going Places, amazed that we pulled it off.