Friday, June 18, 2010

Tropical Affairs nominated for 2010 Popular-The Star Readers Choice Awards!




What a nice feeling! Lovers and Strangers Revisited won the 2009 award for fiction. Can Tropical Affairs make it a double in non-fiction? I haven't seen the other nominees yet, but if I'm up against one of the Prime Ministers, whether past or present, or a celebrity, could be rather difficult. Last year, I was never mentioned or highlighted as one of the favorites, so you never know. Being nominated two years in a row is quite an honor. Wish me luck!

*
Here are links to some of my author-to-author interviews of first novelists:

Ivy Ngeow author of Cry of the Flying Rhino, winner of the 2016 Proverse Prize.

Golda Mowe author of Iban Dream and Iban Journey.

Preeta Samarasan author of Evening is the Whole Day

Chuah Guat Eng,  author of Echoes of Silence and Days of Change. 

Plus:

Beheaded on Road to Nationhood: Sarawak Reclaimed—Part I 

3 comments:

Borneo Expat Writer said...

Thanks!

Lydia Teh said...

Robert, Congratulations! Eh Poh Nim made it too! I'll see you on Sept 6 at KLCC!

Borneo Expat Writer said...

Lydia congrats. Looks like we'll finally have a chance to meet a year after writing The Merdeka Miracle! Just last week, someone was talking to me about reading it last August in Going Places, amazed that we pulled it off.