Thursday, January 8, 2009

Malay Mail, Cyberspot 5 January 2009


For me, thanks to MPH, 2008 and cyberspace has been about publicity and helping other writers write. I stepped up my blogging and gave writers (and readers) a glimpse into the writing process with my on-going Story Behind the Story of Lovers and Strangers Revisited series, which also gave me a real-world look at my own progress as a writer, something I had been doubting. Now I could see the difference!

Then Sharon Bakar nudged me into the world of Facebook and I decided to use the new MPH cover – it’s prettier than my own face – as my “face”. Besides being interviews online, I even got Youtubed by Krista Goon (Mayakirana) when she visited me in Kuching. She and her husband Nic are nudging me to turn my website into a business, so that may well be in my cyberworld future.

The downside of cyberworld is that it eats into real world writing time. It’s all too tempting, seductive, even voyeuristic, peeking and delving into everyone’s Facebook, blogs, and websites, and replying those blogs that strike a chord – Sharon has far too many of them, which means she’s doing something right! It’s that perfect balance between cyberworld networking, family time, and producing publishable work that I’m seeking for 2009

Wish me luck, and I wish everyone a Happy, Healthy, Productive, and Prosperous New Year!

  --BorneoExpatWriter

Here are links to some of my author-to-author interviews of first novelists:

Ivy Ngeow author of Cry of the Flying Rhino, winner of the 2016 Proverse Prize.

Golda Mowe author of Iban Dream and Iban Journey.

Preeta Samarasan author of Evening is the Whole Day

Chuah Guat Eng,  author of Echoes of Silence and Days of Change. 

Plus:

Beheaded on Road to Nationhood: Sarawak Reclaimed—Part I 

No comments: